FLEX, SHI Ink LOI for LNG Production Topside
FLEX LNG Ltd. has signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) with Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) for entering into an Engineering Procurement Construction Installation and Commissioning contract (EPCIC) for one complete
LNG production topside with options for additional units.
When commenting on the signing of the LOI, CEO of FLEX LNG, Philip Fjeld said, "FLEX LNG and SHI have developed the design for the LNGP Hull through close cooperation over the past 18 months and we are excited that this partnership going forward will also include the topsides. SHI has a strong track-record in executing large and complex oil and gas projects and bringing SHI onboard further enhances FLEX LNG's LNG Producer concept."
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: FLEX LNG Ltd more info
- FLEX LNG: Seismic Survey Spies 3Tcf of Gas Resources (Jun 16)
- Asian Firms Aim for First Offshore LNG Output (Apr 21)
- Shell Plans $5B Floating LNG Off W Australia (Oct 08)