BOS Lands Major Contract in West Africa for 3D Program
Bergen Oilfield Services (BOS) signed a contract with Hyperdynamics on July 3, a significant win as BOS's largest contract to date and its first contract in Africa.The 3D Program compromises up to 5,000 square kilometers of 3D acquisition and processing and is to commence in the fourth quarter 2008, offshore in The Republic of Guinea, West Africa.
BOS will use one of its high end 3D vessels utilising the latest available acquisition and processing technology.
In a press release made by Hyperdynamics on July 7, Kent Watts, Chief Executive, commented, "BOS has the extensive experience and resources necessary to timely provide our mission critical seismic services with an appropriately high level of quality control. I look for them to work closely with us for years to come."
BOS CEO, Karstein Rod, Chief Executive Officer of BOS was also quoted as stating, "We see a need for comprehensive seismic services (in West Africa) and this is a great match for our value chain approach. We are happy to now be part of the efforts to help explore offshore Guinea."
- Hyperdyamics Reveals Impasse in Plans to Drill Exploration Block Off Guinea (Jan 06)
- Hyperdynamics Says Tullow Claims Force Majeure in Offshore Guinea (Mar 12)
- Tullow Declares Force Majeure On Guinea Project After Partner Probe (Mar 12)
Company: Bergen Oilfield Services ASA (BOS) more info
- Bergen Group Dreggen Wins Brazilian EPC contract (May 29)
- Subsea 7 Awards EPC Contract to Bergen Group (May 25)
- Offshore Division Delivers 'Satisfactory' Result for Bergen Group (Feb 15)