Ivanhoe Completes C$88MM Private Placement for Oilsands Interests
Ivanhoe Energy Inc. has completed the C$88 million private placement that was announced on June 6, 2008.
The financing, consisting of C$3.00 special warrants, will be used to make the initial payment required under Ivanhoe Energy's agreement with Talisman Energy Canada to acquire Talisman's interests in certain leases in
the Athabasca oilsands region in Alberta, Canada, as announced on May 29, 2008. The balance of the funds will be used for Ivanhoe Energy's planned development activities on the acquired oilsands leases and for general working capital purposes.
The financing, originally targeted at C$50 million, subsequently was increased to C$88 million due to significantly increased expressions of interest from institutional investors.
Subject to regulatory approval and satisfaction of all conditions precedent, the private placement is expected to close contemporaneously with the closing of the acquisition of the oilsands leases on July 11th, 2008.
The securities offered were not registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933 and could not be offered or sold in the U.S. without registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Ivanhoe Energy more info
- Ivanhoe, SBM Team Up in Alliance for Offshore Heavy Oil Development (Mar 20)
- Ivanhoe Finalizes Transfer of Zitong Block to Shell China (Dec 27)
- Ivanhoe Inks MOU for China Block Sale (Jan 11)