Norsk Helikopter Tapped by StatoilHydro for 6-Yr Contract
StatoilHydro ASA and ENI Norge AS have awarded Norsk Helikopter AS a new contract for helicopter services in Hammerfest from June 1, 2009. The contract has a duration of 6 years + 3 x 1 year options.
The contract includes two (2) new, last generation helicopters of the type Eurocopter EC225 which will perform crew change services and 24-hour search and rescue services. Both helicopters will have advanced equipment which allows operations in the Barents Sea and will among other things have de-iced equipment.
The total value of the contract is approximately NOK 1.4 billion, including option periods.
The helicopters to be delivered are new aircrafts of the type Eurocopter EC225. This helicopter type is a further development of the Super Puma helicopters which operate out of Hammerfest under today’s contract. The helicopters will operate under harsh conditions and StatoilHydro has by requiring new technology given safety and quality the highest priority. Due to long delivery time for the helicopters from the manufacturer there will be an interim period up to mid 2010 where the helicopter services will be covered by the helicopters in the existing contract.
The crew change helicopter will serve the rigs and installations in the region with daily scheduled flights from/to Hammerfest Airport. The search and rescue helicopter will have a crew of 5, who will be on 24-hours call. This helicopter is equipped with among other tings; dual rescue hoist, auto hover, night sun, thermo-sensitive camera (FLIR), satellite communication and advanced medical equipment. In addition, the helicopter has transmitter/receiver equipment which makes it possible to transfer live pictures from the helicopter to vessels/installations.
This contract award means that Norsk Helikopter will strengthen its position as helicopter operator on the Norwegian continental shelf and will expand its helicopter fleet by another 2 new aircrafts and at the same time securing our position as supplier of helicopter services in the Barents Sea.
Norsk Helikopter already has long-term contracts with StatoilHydro, ConocoPhillips, BP Norge, Talisman Energy Norge, ENI Norge and Esso Norge. The company has its head office at Sola, and has in addition bases at Flesland and Hammerfest. Norsk Helikopter is owned by Andreas K.L. Ugland (1%), Knut Axel Ugland Holding (50%) and Bristow Helicopters Ltd. (49%).
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Norsk Helikopter more info
- Norsk Helicopter Now Listed Under Bristow Banner (Apr 01)
- Bristow Helicopters Snaps Up Remaining 51% of Norsk Helikopter (Oct 27)
- Norsk Helikopter Tapped by StatoilHydro for 6-Yr Contract (Jul 08)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)