SCAN & ABG Shipyard Revise Newbuild Delivery Schedules
SCAN Geophysical ASA is building three 10 streamer vessels at ABG Shipyard in India. SCAN and its yard supervisor, V.Ships, have been working closely with the shipyard to achieve a performance related agreement to secure more reliable production schedules and delivery dates for the vessels. This agreement has now been entered into between SCAN and ABG Shipyard.
According to the revised production schedules, new expected delivery dates for M/V SCAN Empress, M/V SCAN Finder and M/V SCAN Superior are December 31, 2008, July 22, 2009 and October 31, 2009, respectively.
Based on these expected delivery dates ABG Shipyard is committed to increased liquidated damages for later deliveries, and SCAN is committed to bonus payments for delivery on or before these dates and according to certain milestones.
Furthermore, the average vessel cost (including bonuses) has been revised to USD 91 million per vessel including seismic equipment.
SCAN will continue to seek agreements with various equipment suppliers in order to improve payment terms according to the newexpected delivery dates.
Steel cutting and production of the third vessel M/V SCAN Superior commenced according to plan on June 11, 2008.
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)
Company: ABG Shipyard Ltd more info
- SCAN Rejects Deep Sea Supply's Payment Claim for 3 Newbuilds (Jan 12)
- SCAN Inks Sale, Lease-Back Deal with PFS Shipping for 3 Newbuilds (Nov 10)
- SCAN Geophysical's First Newbuild Lowers into ABG's Ship Lift (Aug 27)