Ocean Dynamics Partners with Tower, Gains New Team Member
Ocean Dynamics LLC has announced that an exclusive partnership has been formed for Compliant Pile Tower development and design with Tower Inc. This partnership adds Steven Will to ODL’s existing Compliant Pile Tower Engineering Team.
Steve Will has held positions involving management of the development of deepwater technology associated with bottom founded structures, including Compliant Pile Towers. Will led the development of the “3rd” generation Compliant Pile Tower configuration, which has been used for developments in the Gulf of Mexico and West Africa.
His experience includes project Management, Pre-FEED, FEED and final engineering phases for the Amerada Hess Baldpate CPT and Pre-FEED and FEED phases for the Petronius CPT, which is the world’s tallest bottom founded structure. He was also the project manager for the design of the Chevron’s Benguela-Belize and Tombua-Landana CPTs in West Africa.
- Bill Roberson, P.E., project manager of engineering for the detailed design of the Petronius CPT project engineer for Chevron’s Benguela-Belize CPT and the Tombua Landana CPT.
- James Lee, P.E., lead naval architect for FEED and detail designs of Chevron’s Tombua Landana “hub” Compliant Tower Installation; lead naval architect for Pre-FEED, FEED and detailed designs for the Chevron’s Benguela-Belize CPT Installation; and lead naval architect for preliminary and detail designs for the Amerada Hess baldpate CPT and the Texaco’s Petronius CPT.
- Jim Li, P.E., one of the two lead structural design engineers for the Chevron’s Benguela-Belize CPT, responsible for the complete detailed design of the Tower Base Template (TBT) and the Leveling Pile Template (LPT).
- Jian Gao, P.E. and PhD., principle structural engineer performed time domain dynamic wave/wind response analyses and time history fatigue analyses for Chevron’s Benguela-Belize CPT and the Tombua Landana CPT.
- Alex Ran, P.E. and PhD., naval architect for the Amerada Hess CPT, performed Installation analyses of the tower structure including loadout, launch and upending analysis.