Aker Secures 6 Contracts from Samsung for Deck Machinery
Aker Solutions has been awarded six contracts from Samsung Heavy Industries. Co. Ltd. for the supply of deck machinery to 17 ships. The total value of the contracts for Aker Solutions is approximately NOK 70 million.
The award of these new contracts from Samsung boosts Aker Solutions deck machinery backlog to a historical high. Aker Solutions deck machinery order intake thus far for 2008 is approximately NOK 300 million.
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)