Murphy Drills Duster in Gulf of Mexico
Murphy Oil reports that the RunfortheRoses well, located in Green Canyon Blocks 735/736, encountered non-commercial quantities of hydrocarbons. The well was drilled to a total depth of 22,715 feet by the semisub, Cajun Express, and was plugged and abandoned.
Murphy owned a 50% working interest in the well, but paid 33% of the drilling costs. Pre-tax dry hole costs for the well were approximately $5.5 million net to Murphy, and of that amount, approximately $3 million will be charged to expense in the first quarter, with the remainder to be expensed in the second quarter. Previous first quarter earnings guidance of $.70-.75 a share did not include any charges for the RunfortheRoses well. Kerr-McGee held the other 50% interest in the prospect.
- Synergy Resources Approved as O&G Operator in Colorado (May 13)
- Anardarko Is Winner in U.S. Royalty Case (Jan 13)
- U.S. Official Estimates $31B At Stake in Kerr-McGee Case (Feb 26)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)