NPD Gives StatoilHydro the All-Clear for Wellbore 7224/6-1
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has issued a drilling permit to StatoilHydro Petroleum AS for wellbore 7224/6-1, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 7224/6-1 will be drilled from Transocean's Polar Pioneer.
The drilling program for wellbore 7224/6-1 relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 394. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 40%. The other licensees are StatoilHydro ASA with 25%, Gaz de France Norge AS with 20% and Petoro AS with 15%
Well 7224/6-1 is situated about 162 km from the coast and consists of blocks 7224/6 and 7225/4. Production license 394 was awarded in the 19th round in 2006, with Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS as operator.
Wildcat well 7224/6-1 is the first well in production license 394.
The drilling permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)