Ikon Science Scoops up Geopatterns Tech
Ikon Science Ltd has acquired the Geopatterns' software tools, patents and technology from Chroma Energy, a US-based technology company.
Ikon plans to integrate pattern recognition, data mining and visualization technologies into its established predictive interpretation workflows to characterize play concepts, identify missed pay, and delineate more meaningful connected geobodies. These new, rock physics integrated workflows will generate more ideas, accurately delineate smaller targets in complex environments, and in turn, advance play concepts from leads to de-risked prospects.
"We are pleased to have concluded this asset purchase," said Dave Markus, VP Operations in Ikon's Houston-based services center. "The tools and technology that we have acquired from Chroma Energy will fit well into our advanced predictive interpretation workflows and will enhance our abilities to deliver high quality prospects and high value results to our clients, faster than before. We are also pleased to have brought on board the majority of the existing GeoPatterns personnel."
- Ikon Science Scoops up Geopatterns Tech (Jun 25)
- Chroma Energy Lands Seismic Contract from PEMEX (Jan 26)
Company: Ikon Science more info
- Ikon Science's President Asia Pacific David Flett Takes on Additional Role (May 10)
- Providence Releases Encouraging Report on Drombeg Prospect (Aug 07)
- Ikon Science Americas Says Hello to New President (Jan 25)