Initial Results from Montgomery-1 Promising
Tap Oil reports that the Montgomery-1 well was drilling ahead at 2,812 meters measured depth towards a planned total depth of 3,682 meters measured depth in the Upper Jurassic. Montegomery-1 is located offshore Australia approximately 15 kilometers west of the Wonnich Gas Field. Hydrocarbon shows have been reported from the cuttings, ditch gas analysis and FEWD (Formation Evaluation Whilst Drilling) logs over a 20 meter interval at the top of the Barrow group. Shows have also been noted deeper in the Barrow Group which require further analysis. It is planned to drill to total depth and then to run wireline logs to evaluate these and any other shows encountered.
Montgomery-1 is the first deep test within the WA-149-P license. The well has several objectives including prospective intervals in the Lower Cretaceous, Barrow Group and Upper Jurassic, Dupuy Formation. Total depth is expected to be reached in 4 days.
Joint venture participants are Tap Oil with 22.474%; Apache as operator with 48.815%; Santos with 18.711% and Pan Pacific Petroleum with 10.000%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Pan Pacific Petroleum more info
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)