StatoilHydro Gets Nod from NPD for Drilling with West Alpha
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has issued a drilling permit to StatoilHydro Petroleum AS for wellbore 6407/7-8 with the semisub West Alpha.
The drilling program for wellbore 6407/7-8 relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 107. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with a 20 % ownership interest, along with the partners E.ON Ruhrgas Norge AS with 30%, Gaz de France Norge AS with 20%, Mobil Development Norway AS with 20%, Petoro AS with 7.5% and Endeavour Energy Norge AS with 2.5%.
Well 6407/7-8 is located about 16 km north of the Njord field. Production licence 107 consists of block 6407/7-8, and was awarded in the 9th licensing round in 1985 with Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS as operator. Wildcat well 6407/7-8 is the 11th well in production licence 107.
The drilling permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)