Mitra Prepares for 2D Seismic of Sibaru Block, East Java
Production Sharing Contractor Mitra Energy Indonesia Sibaru Ltd. plans to conduct a 2D-seismic survey of 1,000 kilometers in Sibaru block PSC in Sumenep regency, Madura Island in the province of East Java. The survey will begin June 18 and wrap on July 1, 2008.
Head of BPMIGAS Representative Office for East Java, Papua and Maluku Wartono Djarkoni said that the 2D-seismic survey will pass the sea in Sumenep regency with a depth of between 40 and 100 meters. Sibaru block is about 129 kilometers north of Kangean island.
BPMIGAS and Mitra Energy, facilitated by the regional government, will meet communities around the seismic areas and related agencies at the office of Sumenep regent on June 18.
The contractor had conducted a similar event for the 2D-seismic survey in Sibaru block at the provincial level on June 10, 2008.
- Total Acquires Stake in Philippines Block SC56 (Aug 23)
- Mitra Prepares for 2D Seismic of Sibaru Block, East Java (Jun 19)
- Sound Oil Partners Cure Default at Citarum (May 08)
Company: BP Migas more info
- Indonesia Greenlights BP's $12.1B LNG Proj. at Tangguh (Nov 02)
- Gas Deliveries from Ruby Field Offshore Indonesia to Start Late September (Sep 07)
- Indonesian Regulator Approves 12 O&G Development Plans (Aug 13)