BP Extends GSF Development Driller II Contract
Transocean reports that its ultra-deepwater semisubmersible GSF Development Driller II, capable of drilling in water depths of 7,500 feet, has been awarded a five-year contract extension, commencing in November 2008, by a subsidiary of BP PLC.
Estimated contract revenues that could be generated over the five-year extension period are approximately $1.06 billion. Estimated contract revenues represent the maximum amount of revenues that may be earned in the contract period, excluding revenues for mobilization, demobilization and cost escalations.
The GSF Development Driller II semisubmersible, which entered service in 2005, is one of 39 High-Specification Floaters in the Transocean fleet, 18 of which are Ultra-Deepwater Floaters capable of drilling in water depths of 7,500 feet or greater.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)