RWE Makes Inroads into Mauritania
RWE Dea acquired a 30% interest from Repsol YPF (operator) in the onshore blocks Ta09 and Ta10 in Mauritania. The transaction was approved by the Ministry of Petroleum and Mining in Nouakchott on June 8, 2008.
The two adjacent blocks are located in the Taoudeni Basin roughly 800km from the Atlantic coast and 200km west of the Mali border. In total both blocks cover an exploration area of 59,814sqkm. First geological and seismic field campaigns have been carried out. The underexplored Taoudeni Basin is expected to contain a high potential for gas.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)