Talisman JV Wraps Drilling of Lilleulv Prospect in North Sea's PL 038
The jackup rig Maersk Giant is about to finalize drilling operations on the Lilleulv prospect in Production License 038 in the North Sea. The drilling commenced on May 26 and is expected to be concluded this month.
Lilleulv is a separate structure to the Varg Field, and the well is thus classified as an exploration well. A positive result would be of importance, as it could extend the life of the Varg Field and add extra barrels of oil production to Det norske.
Talisman Energy is the operator of PL 038 with a 65% interest. Det norske has a 5% interest, whereas Petoro holds the remaining 30%.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Norway to Examine Competition Conditions in Oil Industry (Jul 20)
- SMOE Delivers Ivar Aasen Field's Platform Deck to Det norske (May 24)
- Oil Firm Det Norske Repeats 2016 Guidance, 1Q In Line (Apr 29)