Norse, Petrobras Drill Dry Well at Peroba Prospect
Norse Energy Corp. ASA, in partnership with Petrobras, Queiroz Galvao Oil & Gas and El Paso, announced that the Peroba Prospect drilling was completed and that the result was a dry well.
Final logging operations showed that the two expected sandstone reservoirs were reached between 2,740 and 2,840 meters of depth, with around 25 meters thickness each and with good porosities but water bearing. Norse interpretation of the well results is that the migration paths to charge such reservoirs were not effective.
Rig SS-54 will now drill the Copaiba Prospect, in Block BM-CAL-5, where a second and different petroleum play will be tested. In this play, reservoirs and source rocks are closely associated and the main risk is related to reservoir continuity.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)