Aker Solutions Nabs $209MM Drilling Equipment Contract
Aker Solutions has been awarded a contract with Jurong Shipyard Pte. Ltd in Singapore for delivery of a complete drilling system for an ultra deepwater drilling semi-submersible platform. The total contract value for Aker Solutions is approximately USD 209 million.
The scope of work for Aker Solutions is to deliver a complete drilling package consisting of engineering, drilling equipment deliveries, subsea equipment and commissioning services.
"By awarding this seventh drilling equipment contract to Aker Solutions, Jurong Shipyard confirms our ability and competencies to deliver quality drilling equipment packages on schedule," said Roald Amundsen, President of Aker MH AS. "We look forward to continuing our good relationship and work closely with the Jurong team."
The ultra deepwater drilling rig is scheduled for delivery in Q4/2011.
The contract party is Aker Solutions' subsidiary Aker MH based in Kristiansand, Norway.
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)