Ramform Wraps First Multi-Client Seismic Survey
In May 2008, PGS latest vessel, the 3rd generation Ramform Sovereign, completed its first survey. The 800 sq. km 3D survey was acquired on a Multi-client basis in License PL402 in the Norwegian-Danish Basin and was underwritten by Talisman Energy Norge AS and its partners.
Acquired as high density 3D (HD3D), the vessel towed 14 streamers with a 50m separation in order to obtain high resolution data. Acquisition took just 33 days, two weeks ahead of schedule. Despite the large new number of new systems, less than 6% technical downtime was recorded. PGS is currently processing the data.
"We are extremely pleased that the Ramform Sovereign performed its first job, a Multi-client survey, so effectively," said Tom Ziegler, VP Global MultiClient for PGS. "The survey itself represents a continuation of PGS' year-on-year investment in highly prefunded MultiClient surveys in the North Sea arena."
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: PGS more info
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- PGS Raises Funds Through Private Placement (Nov 23)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)