Ramco Pleased with Seven Heads Flow Tests

Ramco Energy said that flow tests from the first production well, 48/24-6, at its Seven Heads gas field off the west coast of Ireland were better than expected, and that it would begin a second well soon.

The finished well, the first of five new production wells to be drilled in the field, reached its maximum depth of 1,298 meters on March 29, after which tests were conducted on the flow rate.

After coring and logging, the well tested dry gas from Upper Wealden sandstone at a maximum rate of 34.3 million scf through a 128/64" choke and at a wellhead pressure of 565 psia. This is a test result far above expectations. Work on the second new well will begin shortly. The company plans to drill five new wells in the field, originally developed in the 1970s, and connect them via a 34-kilometer pipeline to existing facilities in the Kinsale gas field operated by Marathon. First gas is expected to be available by the end of 2003.

Ramco Energy is the operator and holds and 87.5% stake in the field and DNO holds the other 12.5%.


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles
Related Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $50.47/BBL 0.98%
Light Crude Oil : $49.72/BBL 1.09%
Natural Gas : $2.76/MMBtu 1.09%
Updated in last 24 hours