WorleyParsons Subsidiary Awarded Engineering Contract for Arkutun-Dagi
WorleyParsons announced that Sakhneftegaz Engineering LLC has been awarded a contract by ExxonMobil affiliate, Exxon Neftegas Limited, for engineering, procurement and technical support services for the Arkutun-Dagi offshore platform topsides/drilling rig project, an offshore oil and gas development at Sakhalin Island on the east coast of Russia. Located in sub-arctic waters this will be one of the largest floatover platforms in the world. ENL has approved $28 million for initial engineering studies to be performed under this contract in 2008. SNE estimates the value for services could total $150 million over five years.
SNE will provide overall project management services with coordination of subcontracts to be awarded to multiple third parties, including Russian design institutes. The project will be executed from Moscow and Houston with additional support from WorleyParsons' global resources in Perth, Melbourne, London, Beijing, and California. This multi-office execution approach follows a proven workshare model that enables WorleyParsons to bring together worldwide resources and expertise in an efficient, cost effective, and optimum manner to serve our clients across the globe.
WorleyParsons' Chief Executive Officer John Grill said, "I am very pleased that ENL has chosen to work with Sakhneftegaz on this strategically important project. Arkutun-Dagi continues our company's participation in projects at Sakhalin Island that dates back over the past 10 years."
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: WorleyParsons more info
- TCO Awards EPCM Support Services Deal for Tengiz Expansion Project to KPJV (Jul 12)
- WorleyParsons Bags EPCM Contract for BP-Operated Assets in Caspian Region (Apr 14)
- WorleyParsons Lands Deal for Ophir's Fortuna Project in Equatorial Guinea (Apr 13)
Company: Exxon Neftgas Limited more info
Manages 1 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon Neftegas Drills Longest Extended-Reach Well Offshore Russia (Jan 28)
- Sakhalin-1's Odoptu Field to Produce in Late 2010 (Jan 20)
- Fluor Secures Sakhalin-1 Chayvo Contract in Russia (Aug 10)