Geotrace Wins Two Major 4D Seismic Contracts Offshore Norway
Norsk Hydro and its license partners have recently awarded the contracts for the 4D seismic data processing over the Troll and Brage fields to Geotrace. These datasets cover a full fold area of 540 square kilometers (3 vintages) and 260 square kilometers (2 vintages) respectively and are located in quadrant 31 of the Norwegian Sea.
During the processing, which is likely to include Kirchhoff curved-ray pre-stack time migration, Geotrace will be using many of its proprietary 4D tools to analyze, process and match the various vintages of data.
A spokesman for Geotrace said "We are delighted to be working with Norsk Hydro and the license Partners on these hugely significant 4D projects, and we are sure our previous 4D experience on the Norwegian shelf will ensure these will be successful projects."
Geotrace is part of the Geotrace Technologies group of companies and is a leading provider of proprietary technologies aimed at imaging and integrated solutions used to enhance the optimization of petroleum reservoirs. It serves the worldwide petroleum industry.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Geotrace more info
- Geotrace Names New Chief Technology Officer (Apr 14)
- Geotrace Taps New Area Manager for Far East (Feb 04)
- Geotrace Completes Major Onboard Data Processing Gig for BP (Jan 07)