Schlumberger Snags Hess Software Contract
Schlumberger announced that it has signed an agreement with Hess Corporation to provide geological, geophysical, reservoir engineering, economics, drilling, and production software. The agreement also includes data management services and enhanced application and workflow support for Hess worldwide.
Under the agreement, Hess will deploy GeoFrame reservoir characterization, Petrel seismic to simulation, ECLIPSE reservoir simulation, Merak project economics, as well as OFM and Drilling Office softwares.
"As a global player in the upstream petroleum industry, we need a comprehensive suite of software tools for our geoscientists and engineers to optimize their decision making ability in a wide variety of conditions," said Scott Heck, senior vice president, exploration and production technology, Hess Corporation.
"We are delighted to have this opportunity to partner with Hess in a long-term agreement as they define and deploy their next generation interpretation platform," said Tony Bowman, president, Schlumberger Information Solutions. "Schlumberger has developed comprehensive experience in applying software, workflow processes, and data integration strategies that accelerate the return on technology investment throughout the organization."
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- Offshore Start-Up Borr Drilling Aims To Expand Fleet, Keep Costs Low (Aug 30)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
- Russian Watchdog Says Schlumberger-Eurasia Drilling Deal 'Has Big Problems' (Aug 16)