Helix to Provide Trenching for StatoilHydro
Helix Energy Solutions announced that its subsidiary Canyon Offshore has signed a Frame Agreement with StatoilHydro for provision of trenching services offshore Norway. The agreement is for 3 years with two 2-year options to extend the agreement.
Canyon Offshore will perform trenching projects from its fleet of trenching systems including the T750 Jet Trencher and the i-trencher, Canyon's new-build heavy soils trenching machine. The services will be conducted from one of Canyon Offshore's long-term chartered modern DPII class vessels, including the Olympic Triton, Northern Canyon and the Island Pioneer.
Bart Heijermans, Helix's Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, commented, "Entering into the Frame Agreement directly with StatoilHydro as the customer is a significant first for Canyon Offshore, and will enhance Canyon Offshore's position as a leader in the subsea trenching market."<
- Helix to Provide Trenching for StatoilHydro (Jun 13)
- Slingsby Secures $11 Million Contract With Canyon Offshore (Apr 08)
- Subsea 7 to Provide i-Trench Services to Canyon Offshore (Sep 06)
Company: Helix Energy Solutions more info
- Helix Inks Petrobras Deal Offshore Brazil (Feb 11)
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $346M Deal to Build Well Intervention Rig for Helix (Sep 12)
- Helix to Build Additional Newbuild Semisub (Jul 31)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)