Aker Solutions Awarded Umbilical Contract with Petrom
Aker Solutions has been awarded a contract to supply steel tube umbilicals to Rumanian oil company Petrom. The fast-track project, which will see the delivery being made as early as July 2008, is worth approximately NOK 55 million.
The contract is for the supply of 12 kilometers of steel tube umbilicals to the Petrom's Delta field development project in the Black Sea.
"There is a lot of activity in the market, with emphasis on early deliveries becoming an increasingly prominent feature. Our ability to be flexible and forward-thinking is what secured us this short-lead contract," says Svein Haug, senior vice president for Umbilical & Riser in Aker Solutions.
The umbilicals will be manufactured and delivered out of Aker Solutions' facility in Moss, Norway.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Romania Does Not Have Shale Gas, PM Ponta Says (Nov 10)
- Mediafax: OMV Petrom to Invest in Suplacu Redevelopment by 2015 (Mar 29)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)