Aker Solutions Seals $35 MM Daewoo Drilling Riser Deal
Aker Solutions has been awarded another contract for a deepwater marine drilling riser by Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME). Contract value is approximately $35 million. The contract is for the delivery of a complete deepwater marine drilling riser system with buoyancy package and associated equipment. The system is for a drillship that DSME is building.
"DSME is one of the world's major players when it comes to building drilling units for deepwater and ultra-deepwater conditions, so they are an important customer," said Svein Haug, senior vice president Umbilical & Riser, Aker Solutions. "This is the third contract we are signing with DSME this year, which underlines what a good match our deepwater technologies are."
The marine drilling riser system will be manufactured and delivered out of Aker Solutions' high tech manufacturing centre in Malaysia. Buoyancy modules will be manufactured at the same centre's recently opened buoyancy production unit, by Aker Solutions subsidiary Phoenix Polymers International Ltd.
Delivery of the drilling riser systems is scheduled for 2010. Contract party is Aker Solutions Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Seadrill Defers Delivery of Drillships from DSME (Jan 15)
- DSME Files Complaint with LMAA Over Songa Offshore's Newbuild Semisubs (Jul 31)
- DNV Launches JIP with South Korean Yards to Reduce Project Cost by 15% (Jul 23)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)