Sintezneftegaz Extends Drilling Time Offshore Namibia Due to Weather
EnerGulf Resources Inc. was notified by the operator of the Kunene #1 well on Block 1711 offshore Namibia, Sintezneftegaz Namibia Ltd., that due to weather delays coupled with various mechanical issues, the drillship Deep Venture will continue drilling for oil and gas beyond the estimated and previously announced 50 to 60 days to reach a total depth of 4,400 meters. The 4,400 meter total depth is now anticipated sometime around the middle of June. A decision to then continue drilling to a depth of approximately 5,500 meters has not yet been determined.
The Republic of Namibia has classified the Kunene #1 as a "tight hole," meaning no information regarding the well may be released until such time as the Namibian government determines to make the information public.
- EnerGulf Estimates 3.16B Barrels at Offshore Namibia Block (Feb 21)
- EnerGulf to Increase Interest in Namibia Block (Oct 12)
- EnerGulf Charges Ahead in Congo, Offshore Namibia (Feb 02)
Company: Sintezneftegaz more info
- EnerGulf Updates on DRC, Namibia Projects (Feb 13)
- EnerGulf Comments on Offshore Namibian Project (Dec 30)
- EnerGulf Continues Drilling at Kuene Offshore Namibia (Jun 20)