Lundin to Provide Transporation Services for Southwest Don, West Don Fields


Various North Sea Wells
(Click to Enlarge)

Lundin Thistle Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lundin Petroleum AB, as operator of the Thistle Field, has agreed principle terms with the owners of the Southwest Don and West Don Fields for the provision of transportation services across the Thistle Platform. The service will facilitate the export of oil from the Southwest Don and West Don Fields via the Brent System Pipeline and Sullom Voe Terminal.

Detailed engineering studies are now underway on Thistle platform topsides modifications and the new tie-in facilities. It is anticipated that the Thistle transportation service will commence in the second half of 2009.

An extensive investment program to extend the life of the Thistle Field and the Thistle facilities was commenced in 2007. This includes reinstallation of the Thistle drilling rig, acquisition of a 3D seismic program across the field, and new production well drilling and work over activity in 2008 and 2009 to enhance production levels from the Thistle Field.

Lundin Thistle Limited holds a 99% interest in the Thistle Field, and BP Exploration Operating Company Limited holds the remaining 1 percent.

This arrangement confirms the shared view of Lundin Petroleum, and the Southwest Don and West Don Field owners regarding the longevity and reliability of the Thistle facilities.

"This reaffirms Lundin Petroleum's view that mature facilities in the UKCS have a substantial contribution to make to longer-term production of oil and gas in the North Sea, said Ashley Heppenstall, President and CEO of Lundin Petroleum. "We look forward to the upcoming drilling program on the Thistle field as well as working with other resource owners in the area to enhance total production volumes across the Thistle facilities."

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Rockies Area Operations Manager
Expertise: Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids|Well Servicing & Testing
Location: Denver, CO
 
Drilling Chokes Operator
Expertise: Field Service Tech|Well Servicing & Testing
Location: Odessa, TX
 
Field Materials Coordinator
Expertise: Materials Management
Location: El Reno, OK
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.49/BBL 2.45%
Light Crude Oil : $52.42/BBL 2.04%
Natural Gas : $3.2/MMBtu 5.04%
Updated in last 24 hours