Norse Energy Spuds Peroba Well Offshore Brazil
Norse Energy reports that the Peroba well in block BM-CAL-6 offshore Brazil has been spud. The well is located in the Camamu-Almada basin and is being drilled by the Ocean Winner. The well is targeting a depth of 2,800 meters in the upper Cretaceous sandstones and is in approximately 1,170 meters of water. After Peroba the rig is scheduled to drill the Copaiba and Jequitiba prospects.
Petrobras is the operator with a 45% stake and the other partners include Norse Energy with 18.33%, Queiroz Galvao Perfuracoes with 18.34% and El Paso with the remaining 18.33%.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)