Total Joins Petronas in Exploration Efforts Offshore Malaysia
Total's wholly-owned subsidiary Total E&P Malaysia has signed a production sharing contract with national oil company Petronas. The contract covers Blocks PM303 and PM324, located around 100 kilometers offshore Peninsular Malaysia in 50 to 80 meters of water depth.
Total E&P Malaysia will hold a 70% interest in and operate each block, alongside partner Petronas Carigali. The work commitments during the exploration period encompass seismic data acquisition and high-pressure/high-temperature exploration drilling, an area in which Total enjoys recognized expertise.
The acquisition reflects Total's commitment to expanding its relations with Petronas and broadening its presence in Southeast Asia.
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)