Xcite Energy, StatoilHydro Shake on Well Data Trade Deal
Xcite Energy Limited has concluded an agreement to trade key well data with Statoil (U.K.) Limited, the UK arm of StatoilHydro, which is responsible for around half of the proven, but not yet developed, heavy oil deposits on the UK continental shelf. This Agreement follows from ongoing dialogue with StatoilHydro that commenced in 2007 and is another step forward in the progression of the heavy oil sector in the UK North Sea.
The Agreement allows for the pre-exchange of data from the 9/3b-5 appraisal well on the Bentley field, successfully drilled by Xcite Energy, which will be reciprocated with the data from the 3/28a-F(6) appraisal well on the StatoilHydro operated Bressay field, which is anticipated to be completed by mid November 2008. The Bressay field is located principally in Blocks 3/27 and 3/28, adjacent and to the north-west of Block 9/3b.
"This agreement to trade well data is an important step forward towards a wider data sharing environment for heavy oil in the UK North Sea, which in turn will potentially accelerate development of the heavy oil sector in the region," said Richard Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Xcite Energy. "It is also another step forward for Xcite Energy as we focus on maximizing the value of the Company's resources and move towards a development solution for the Bentley field, one of the largest undeveloped heavy oil fields in the North Sea."
- Xcite Confirms $35-per-Barrel Costs for Bentley Field (May 29)
- Xcite Signs Rig Provision Agreement for Bentley Field (Nov 17)
- Xcite Signs Services Deal with Baker Hughes for Bentley Field (Oct 20)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)