Talisman Wins Consent to Drill Trow with Transocean Winner
Talisman Energy Norge AS has been granted consent to drill exploration well 32/2-1 (Trow) in the Northern North Sea with the semisub Transocean Winner.
Well 32/2-1 is located in production license 369 and lies approximately 17 kilometers west of Fedje Municipality in Hordaland County and is approximately 350 meters in depth.
The drilling will be planned and carried out by StatoilHydro on behalf of Talisman, the operator of the production license. The drilling is estimated to start in mid-June 2008. The activity is expected to last for 28 days. The well will be permanently plugged.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)