CNPC and PDVSA Join Forces to Develop Junin-4 Block
On May 9, witnessed by Venezuela President Hugo Chavez and Chinese Vice Premier Hui Liangyu, a framework agreement on creating a joint venture to develop Junin-4 Block was signed by CNPC Vice President Zhou Jiping and Venezuelan Energy and Oil Minister Rafael Ramirez, who is also President of PDVSA.
According to this framework agreement, a joint venture will be established by CNPC and PDVSA, in which CNPC has a 40% stake and PDVSA has a 60% stake. The venture will drill for and upgrade the super-heavy oil at Junin-4 Block in the Orinoco heavy oil belt with a target annual productivity of 20 million tons.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela Confirms Discussing Citgo Collateral Swap With Rosneft (Oct 04)
- Venezuelans Face Growing Queues To Buy Gasoline (Sep 21)
- Venezuela's Crude Supply To The United States Was Flat In August (Sep 13)
Company: CNPC more info
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- CNPC, Guangdong Sign Strategic Deal On S. China Sea Methane Hydrate (Aug 28)