New Well Management Approach Completes First Subsea Well
AGR Petroleum Services has in conjunction with Vallourec and Mannesmann completed the first Subsea Well in the UKCS as part of their multi-client multi-rig campaigns.
Using the Ensco 80 Jack-up drilling rig, AGR utilized V & M's innovative CLEANWELL product to allow the tubing to be run without pipe dope compound being applied to connections. In total over 11,500 ft of tubulars were run by Weatherford Tubular Running Services with no rejects or back-outs recorded.
The CLEANWELL Product was applied to the 4.5-in. x 5.5-in. Completion string (VAM TOP HC) and the Baker Excluder 2000 Sand Screens (VAM TOP). The benefits achieved by AGR were:
--zero pipe dope discharge to environment,
--reduced preparation and make-up time on the rig,
--no plugging of sand screens due to pipe dope, and
--increased efficiency during wireline operations
AGR and Vallourec and Mannesmann look forward to continuing their successful relationship utilizing the VAM range of products.
- Weatherford Names Former Halliburton CFO Its New Chief (Mar 07)
- Document: Algeria's Sonatrach Awards $180M in Oil Service Contracts (May 08)
- Aker Posts Lower Profits, Cuts Workforce Salary (Feb 12)
Company: AGR Group more info
- AGR Signs MOU with SP Offshore for Work Offshore Comoros Islands (May 07)
- BP Norge Awards AGR New Frame Agreement (Jun 10)
- Ghanaian Parliament Ratifies South Deepwater Tano Deal (Jan 27)