Chiyoda Awarded Contract for Al-Khaleej Gas Projec
ExxonMobil Middle East Gas Marketing Limited has awarded Chiyoda Corporation along with its partners, Snamprogetti & Co., W.L.L. (CMS&A) the contract for the detailed engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of the Al-Khaleej Gas Project Phase 1 (AKG-1) Facilities in the State of Qatar.
This project will provide reliable gas supply to significant projects within Qatar from the abundant reserves (900 TCF) in Qatar's North Field. The new AKG-1 facilities will be built adjacent to the existing RasGas LNG Trains in the Ras Laffan Industrial City area. Chiyoda believes that the award of this contract is attributable to it's Joint Venture's superb capability as proven in RasGas Trains 3 and 4 project execution, and in its successful track record in other Qatar projects.
The award of this AKG-1 project represents a succession of EPC contracts in Qatar for Chiyoda, including the Qatargas LNG Trains 1/2/3 contracts (completed in 1998), Qatargas Debottlenecking Project and the RasGas Train 3 and 4 contracts (both under execution). We believe this shows Chiyoda's competitive stronghold in the business of natural gas value chain in the Middle East region.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Chiyoda Corporation more info
- Japan's NYK Completes Acquisition of 25% Stake in EMAS CHIYODA Subsea (Sep 30)
- Saipem Bags 2 Contracts for Indonesia's Tangguh LNG Expansion Project (Jul 28)
- LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from Saudi Aramco for Hasbah Gas Project (Jul 22)