Incremental Petroleum Spuds 4th Well at Edirne
Incremental Petroleum (IPM) and Otto Energy (OEL) announced that the six gas wells drilled to date in the Edirne Gas license (three in 2008) have discovered sufficient gas to proceed to FEED (Front end Engineering Design). First gas sales are anticipated before mid 2009. Drilling in the concession continues, with the fourth well in the 2008 program, Arpaci 2, expected to spud today. Arpaci 2 will be drilled to a total depth of 480m, and is expected to take about 5 days to reach TD.
Arpaci 1 was drilled in 2006 with the location selected from the 2D seismic interpretation. The 2007 3D seismic program confirmed a larger closure than previously mapped and Arpaci 2 is located in an optimal location to drain that accumulation, some 650m NE of Arpaci 1. The Arpaci structure is a NW oriented fault bounded anticlinal structure, with strong seismic amplitudes at more than one level. The closure covers a mapped area of about 2.7 sq. km. The primary reservoir is prognosed below about 150m.
The partners in the Edirne Gas project are Incremental Petroleum 55%, Otto Energy 35% and Petraco Energi (10%), who are also the joint operator with Incremental.
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)
Company: Incremental Petroleum more info
- TransAtlantic Petroleum Snaps Up Incremental Petroleum (Mar 06)
- Incremental Nods TransAtlantic's Increased Takeover Bid (Feb 12)
- TransAtlantic Australia Increases Takeover Bid for Incremental (Feb 05)