Kencana Subsidiary Awarded Offshore Fabrication Contract
The Board of Directors of Kencana Petroleum Berhad announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Kencana HL Sdn. Bhd. ("Kencana HL") has been awarded with a contract from Murphy Sarawak Oil Co. Ltd ("Murphy") for the fabrication of offshore platform facilities ("Contract").
The Contract comprises provision of engineering, procurement and fabrication of two (2) offshore platforms including topsides, substructures and link bridge. The Contract forms part of Murphy's Phase 1 of SK309/SK311 gas field development project located offshore Bintulu, Sarawak. The Contract value is estimated at approximately RM79 million. The Contract is expected to be fully completed by Fourth Quarter of year 2008.
The Contract is expected to contribute positively to the earnings of Kencana Petroleum Group for the financial year ending 31 July 2008 and 2009.
None of the Directors or major shareholders or persons connected with the Directors or major shareholders of the Company has any direct or indirect interest in the Contract.
The Board of Directors of Kencana Petroleum is of the opinion that the acceptance of the Contract is in the best interest of the Company.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Kencana Petroleum Bhd more info
- Kencana Expands Drilling Fleet (Aug 26)
- SapuraCrest, Kencana Petroleum to Merge in $3.95B Deal (Jul 11)
- Kencana Bags Construction Contract Offshore India (May 25)