Wood Group Pressure Control to Provide Wellhead Equipment to PEMEX
Wood Group Pressure Control ("WGPC"), part of international energy services company John Wood Group PLC ("Wood Group"), has been awarded two contracts worth a total of US$12.7 million by Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX) to provide wellhead equipment for use in Mexico's on- and offshore fields.
The awards comprise a one-year $8.3 million contract to supply 10,000 and 15,000 psi wellhead equipment for use in exploring the southern region's Cardenas, Reforma, and Comalcalco fields, and a three-year $4.4 million contract to provide surface wellhead systems for the marine region, including Cantarell, Ku-Malop-Zap and other fields in the Bay of Campeche. These contracts are in addition to a one-year $13.5 million contract awarded in September 2007. WGPC has provided surface wellhead systems for PEMEX's Burgos project since 2005.
Scott Bender, president of WGPC, stated, "We believe that our long-term commitment to manufacturing and service in Mexico was instrumental in these awards."
WGPC de Mexico will provide field service support from its new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Monterrey and two service centers located in Reynosa and Villahermosa.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- Mexico's Pemex Sees Salina Cruz Refinery Restart 3rd Week of Oct (Sep 28)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- UK Regulator: Wood Group Takeover Of Amec Could Hurt Competition (Aug 02)