Halliburton Awarded 3-Year Completions Contract by ADNOC
Halliburton announced that it has been awarded a contract by Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operation (ADCO), a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), to provide a range of completion equipment for onshore oil and gas wells. The three-year contract includes the provision of production packers, subsurface safety valves and subsurface flow controls.
"This award is significant both in terms of value and volume," said Gasser Badrashini, Halliburton's Middle East Region vice president. "As a major supplier of downhole completion equipment in the UAE, Halliburton will continue its ongoing support of ADNOC's strategy to boost oil and gas production by providing a range of technically superior, cost-effective completion solutions."
A key differentiator in the selection of Halliburton was the company's recognized technical and service support in the region, competing prices and delivery performance. The award includes several uniquely designed permanent and retrievable packers, along with Halliburton's highly reliable SP and NE subsurface valves, both of which are recognized as industry standards and have been run with zero failures in previous ADCO operations.
Ahmed Lotfy, Halliburton's Eastern Hemisphere president, added: "Being selected for this work validates that our completion offerings are continuing to gain momentum with operators in the Eastern Hemisphere and underscores the continuing success of our efforts to expand our international operations."
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
- Gadfly: Halliburton And Microsoft Do Not Compute For OPEC (Aug 22)
- Oilfield Rush to High-Tech Helps Smaller Companies Thrive (Jul 27)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Oil Company more info
- Nikkei: ADNOC To Decide On Japan Oil Concession Renewal By Early Next Year (Jul 28)
- UAE Pledges Further Oil Output Cuts Starting in September (Jul 25)
- UAE's ADNOC Sign $500M Technical Agreement with Oxy (Feb 10)