RWE Dea Discovers Oil, Gas in Libya
On May 5, 2008, NOC announced that the German Company RWE Dea -- North Africa, a party to an EPSA 3 agreement concluded with NOC, has made a new oil discovery in the exploration well (B1 NC-195) at Area 195 in Sirte Basin (around 800 kms east of Tripoli, 100 kms south of Ras Lanuf).
The average daily production upon test measured 204 bbl/d and 15.4 Mmcf/d at Dahra, and 840 bb/d at Beda. Dahra was drilled to a total depth of 1,581. Beda was drilled to a total depth of 1,691.
Oil gravity at Dahra was 63.2 API, and oil gravity at Beda was 57.6 API.
Under the above mentioned EPSA Agreement, The share of NOC is 68% while the share of RWE is 32%
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)
Company: Libyan National Oil Corporation (NOC) more info
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
- Source: Libya's Sharara Oil Field Reopens After Pipeline Blockade (Sep 05)