J. Ray McDermott Awarded Two Offshore Construction Projects
McDermott International, Inc., announced that subsidiaries of J. Ray McDermott, S.A. were recently awarded two contracts for offshore construction projects. Both of the contracts will be included in McDermott's second quarter 2008 backlog, and have a combined value in excess of $500 million.
The first award, from OOO LUKOIL-Nizhnevolzhskneft, a subsidiary of OAO LUKOIL Oil Company, is a contract to install offshore facilities in the Yuri Korchagin field. J. Ray's scope of work includes the transportation and installation of the piles for the ice-resistant fixed platform LSP-1, as well as transportation and installation of Single Point Mooring substructure, piles and the topsides.
The second award, from Esso Australia Resources Pty Ltd, is an engineering, procurement, construction and installation contract for work on the Kipper Tuna Gas Project located in the Bass Strait, Victoria, Australia. "This is a very significant contract for J. Ray, as it encompasses a wide range of services and marks a return to working with Esso Australia," said Bob Deason, Chief Executive Officer of J. Ray.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Lukoil more info
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
- Lukoil Finds Oil at Iraq Well (Feb 22)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)