PSA Norway Grants Consent to Total for Disposal of DP2 Substructure
Total E&P Norge AS (Total) has been granted consent to dispose the substructure of the drilling facility DP2 on the Frigg field.
"Frigg Field Drilling Platform 2 (DP2)" has been a permanent drilling and production facility for the gas wells on the Norwegian Shelf on the Frigg field. The facility was installed in the 1970s.
The production from DP2 was stopped in October 2004, and all wells were abandoned and permanently plugged.
The facility's superstructure was recently removed.
This consent applies to the removal of the DP2 substructure.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)