Imperial Oil Acquires Acreage in Horn River Area
In recent land sales, subsidiaries of Imperial Oil Limited (operator) and ExxonMobil Canada Limited have acquired exploration rights in the Horn River area of northeastern British Columbia.
Since September 2007, the companies have acquired total license holdings of about 115,000 acres. The licenses are located 70 kilometres northeast of Fort Nelson, British Columbia.
Imperial Oil Limited and ExxonMobil Canada Limited each hold a 50 percent interest in the acreage.
Imperial Oil Limited is one of Canada's largest corporations and a leading member of the country's petroleum industry. It is one of Canada's largest producers of crude oil and natural gas, is the country's largest petroleum refiner, and has a leading market share in petroleum products sold through a coast-to-coast supply network that includes close to 2,000 service stations.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Imperial Oil more info
- Canada's Imperial Oil Posts Unexpected 2Q Loss (Jul 28)
- Imperial Oil Profit Boosted By Asset-Sale Gain (Jan 31)
- Bulk of Canada's Oil Sands Plants Seen Up in Days to Weeks (May 11)