Drilling to Begin Offshore Mozambique

The Noble George McLeod has arrived offshore Mozambique and is rigging up to begin drilling on the Sofala #2 well on the Sofala Bay Prospect. The Noble George McLeod is an F&G L-780 MOD II built in 1981. The rig will be working in approximately 33 feet of water and is expected to drill to a depth of 6,100 feet. Over the past few years there have been several other successful wells in this area. Sasol is the operator and holds a 90 percent working interest and Zarara Oil & Gas Limited holds the remaining 10 percent.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles
Brent Crude Oil : $53.87/BBL 0.48%
Light Crude Oil : $50.73/BBL 0.79%
Natural Gas : $3.33/MMBtu 2.14%
Updated in last 24 hours