Marathon Sold Sudan Stake to Total in March
Sudan, the East African country currently under U.S. sanctions, has taken another victim. Marathon announced April 22 that in March the company sold its interest in a southern block to France's Total SA.
The sale of interest in the 118,000-square-kilometer Block B, effective March 31, was not attributed a value by either Marathon or Total.
Reports suggested that the sale should bring about a renewed interest in one of Africa's most oil-rich nations.
We want to hear from you. Questions, opinions and suggestions are all welcomed by the Rigzone Staff. Write us at email@example.com .
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)