Nexen Spuds Blackbird Well
Atlantic Petroleum reports that the 20/2a-8 Blackbird exploration well on license P.317 has been spud. The is located approximately 5 kilometers south of the Ettrick Field in 371 feet of water in the UK North Sea.
The well will test an Upper Jurassic Ettrick sandstone target. The well will also test a deeper Upper Jurassic Buzzard aged sandstone target. The well is being drilled by Transocean's GSF Arctic IV semisub.
Partners in the license are Nexen as operator with 79.73%; Bow Valley 12% and Atlantic Petroleum with 8.27%.
Commenting on the well, Wilhelm Petersen, Managing Director of P/F Atlantic Petroleum said" "Atlantic Petroleum is looking forward to drilling the Blackbird well, as the first of potentially three exploration wells in 2008. Success at this location should lead to a rapid development as a tie back to the Ettrick Field, which is due to come on stream in mid 2008."
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Bow Valley more info
- Dana Completes Acquisition of Bow Valley Energy (Apr 30)
- Shareholders OK Dana Petroleum's Acquisition of Bow Valley (Apr 09)
- Dana Petroleum Scoops Up Bow Valley, Additional North Sea Interests (Feb 16)
Company: Atlantic Petroleum more info
- Atlantic Petroleum to Sell Orlando Stake (Jun 06)
- Debate over Langlitinden Discovery's Commercial Potential (Feb 21)
- Hydrocarbon Shows in Langlitinden Well in Barents Sea (Feb 10)