Speke South-1 Comes Up Dry
Bass Strait Oil Company reports that the Speke South-1 exploration well has reached its objective at a final total depth of 3,138 meters. Well logs did not indicate the presence of hydrocarbon pay in the well.
The well was drilled by Seadrill's West Triton and is located in the Gippsland Basin Permit Vic/P42 offshore Australia. Apache Energy is the operator of the well and Bass Strait Oil Company holds a 20% interest.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Bass Strait Oil & Gas more info
- Cooper Acquires Offshore Gippsland Basin Interests (Jul 05)
- Bass Strait, Partners Awarded Gippsland Basin Permit (Dec 24)
- Bass Strait Conducts Independent Resource Certification of Judith Gas Field (Jun 23)