Initial Drilling Phase Completed at Barbarossa
EnCore Oil reports that the Barbarossa well (47/9c-11) has completed its initial phase of drilling after encountering gas-bearing Rotliegend reservoir as anticipated. As planned, the well will now be sidetracked within the Rotliegend reservoir. Subject to successful testing, the well will then be completed as the field production well. The well was drilled by the Noble Julie Robertson jackup.
The partners plan that the Barbarossa discovery would be developed as a single well subsea tieback jointly with the nearby Channon discovery. The Barbarossa gas discovery is located on UK Central North Sea block 47/9b.EnCore has a 10 percent interest in the licence, five percent of which is subject to a potential buy-back by a previous owner. EnCore's costs are carried on the initial phase of drilling and the testing program. On the high angle development section of the well, EnCore will contribute at its working interest level of 10 percent. Venture Production is the operator of the well.
- Venture Production Shuffles Board (Sep 10)
- Venture Announces Board Changes (Aug 27)
- Venture Advises Shareholders to Accept Centrica's Offer (Aug 25)
Company: EnCore Oil plc more info
- Deo Petroleum: Amalgamation Agreement Finalized (Jan 12)
- Egdon Acquires EnCore Stake (Jan 06)
- Weather Delays Drilling at EnCore's Tudor Rose Well (Dec 08)