Norse: Drilling To Proceed At Copaiba
Norse Energy Corp. ASA in partnership with Petrobras (Operator), Queiroz Galvao Oil & Gas and El Paso announce that the consortium has been granted the environmental license to drill exploration wells in the BM-CAL-5 block. NEC ownership in this block is 18.3%.
The first well (Copaiba) will be drilled about 17 km offshore, in Bahia state, and about 80 km south of the Manati field. The water depth at this location is around 435 meters and the drilling rig will be operated by Petrobras. The main target of this prospect is expected around 3125 meters. The operator has already committed a drilling rig for this well.
Spud date and expected drilling time will be announced later.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)