Shell May Bid $6.7 Billion On 30% Of Krishna-Godavari Block
A portion of Reliance Industry Ltd's D-6 block offshore India, with reserves of 14 Tcf of natural gas, may receive a $6.7 billion bid from Royal Dutch Shell, according to an unnamed source in The Economic Times.
Shell is interested in 30% of the block. And with the reported dollar amount of Shell's unofficial bid, the value of the block has been placed at more than $22 billion.
D-6, located in the Krishna-Godavari basin, should begin production before mid-summer.
We want to hear from you. Questions, opinions and suggestions are all welcomed by the Rigzone Staff. Write us at email@example.com .
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Reliance Industries more info
- OPEC's Output Curbs Squeeze World's Biggest Oil Refining Complex (Oct 16)
- India's Reliance Industries 2Q Profit Up 7%, Lags Estimates (Oct 13)
- India's Reliance Sells US Shale Asset for $126 Mln (Oct 06)